MMV partners with the Social Media Awards 2015
The Social Media Awards were created in 2014 by Inis Communication to recognize and promote the use of social media in global health.
This year’s Social Media Awards are an opportunity to celebrate the advocates, young leaders, forward thinkers, and other global health professionals who use social media to promote dialogue and catalyze action on malaria.
Under the overarching theme “Malaria Heroes”, nominations are being accepted in the following 6 categories:
- Regional Malaria Champion: Asia Pacific
- Regional Malaria Champion: Latin America
- Young Leader
- People’s Choice for Best Social Communications
- Regional Malaria Champion: Africa
MMV has partnered with the Social Media Awards for the “Innovator” category and is seeking nominations of scientists, researchers and other forward thinkers who use social media to highlight research, new approaches, or novel technologies in the fight against malaria.
- Nominations and endorsements open: 2 June 2015
- The judging panel announced: September 2015
- Nominations close: 16 October 2015
- Nominee shortlists announced: 23 October 2015
- Winners announced: 13 November 2015