Webinar: Replenishing the malaria drug discovery pipeline
22 June at 16.00 p.m. (CEST)
Introduction of a new drug discovery workflow using a nanoluciferase malaria parasite
Malaria is a deadly disease that affected over 240 million people in 2020, an increase over progress in previous years. Despite advances in malariology, the challenge of finding the right drugs to treat the illness is complex.
During this hourlong webinar, drug discovery experts Dr James Duffy (Medicines for Malaria Ventures (MMV)), Dr Koen Dechering (TropIQ) and Martijn Timmerman (Pivot Park Screening Center (PPSC)) shared:
- perspectives and strategies in antimalaria drug discovery
- the biology of the malaria models
- small molecule tactics and technical assay development
- a novel transgenic malaria reporter strain with excellent performance in high-throughput screening
- screening and hit generation of active compounds against the blood stage of the Plasmodium falciparum parasite
- triage of large compound libraries screening
The webinar took place on 22 June at 16.00 p.m. (CEST)
If you missed the webinar, you can watch it here.