As we approach the G7 Summit in June, the event will explore how the G7 can support and work with malaria endemic countries to strengthen local health systems in some of the most vulnerable communities to help counter existing disease threats such as COVID-19 and malaria, as well as detect and prevent future pandemics.
The event will also be an opportunity for leaders and representatives from G7 and malaria endemic countries, to stand shoulder to shoulder ahead of the formal G7 Summit, to make a shared commitment to advancing global health security and pandemic preparedness, whilst at the same time revitalising progress against one of the world’s oldest and deadliest diseases.
Event host: Ms Kasia Madera, BBC News Presenter
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Thomas Breuer, Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, GSK Vaccines
- Dr Abdourahmane Diallo, CEO, RBM Partnership to End Malaria
- Ms Wendy Morton MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Ms Rachael Banda Mukande, Community Health Worker at the Mapalo Clinic in Zambia
- Hon Dr Daniel Ngamije, Rwandan Minister of Health
- Dr John Nkengasong, Director, Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
- Mr Peter Sands, Executive Director , The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- H.E. Ms Marina Sereni, Italian Vice-Minister, Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- Ms Stéphanie Seydoux, French Ambassador for Global Health
- Dr David Reddy, CEO, Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV)
- Dr Stephanie Williams, Ambassador for Regional Health Security Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
This event is hosted by Malaria No More UK, in partnership with Malaria No More US, the RBM Partnership to End Malaria, the Global Fund, Friends of the Global Fund Europe, the Asia Pacific Leaders Malaria Alliance, and the UN Foundation.