In commemoration of World Malaria Day 2019, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the Swiss Malaria Group will host an event to look back on 20 years of successful Swiss collaborations for new malaria medicines and discuss the way forward for malaria elimination.
Opening remarks by:
- Marina Carobbio Guscetti, President of the National Council of the Swiss Federal Assembly. Read Mme Carobbio Guscetti’s speech here.
- Tatjana von Steiger, Deputy Assistant Director General, Global Cooperation, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- Christian Lengeler, President of the Swiss Malaria Group and Head of Unit, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute
A history of Swiss contributions to R&D and access to end malaria:
- Research against malaria: what progress has been made thanks to Switzerland?
Marcel Tanner, President, Swiss Academy of Sciences
- From research and development to access: a private-sector perspective
Lutz Hegemann, Head, Global Health Development Unit, Novartis
- A country experience on innovative partnerships for access
Margret Kaemba, Minister Counsellor and Chargé d’Affaires, Permanent Mission of Zambia to the United Nations Office in Geneva
- MMV at 20: new tools for the future
David Reddy, CEO, Medicines for Malaria Venture
This event is by invitation only. Speeches will be in English.
Above Photos: Maud Lugand/MMV; Griffith University, David O’Dwyer/SMG; St-Judes Children’s Research Hospital