Image credits from right to left: Toby Madden/MMV, Anna Wang/MMV, Pearl Gan, Sergei Supinsky/AFP/Getty images
This event takes place on Tuesday, 8 October, from 16.00-17.30 in room A at the H7 centre at Confluence, 70 Quai Perrache, 69002, Lyon, France.
A preprogramme event ahead of the Sixth Global Fund Replenishment Conference
Ahead of the Global Fund's Sixth Replenishment Conference in Lyon, this event will bring together influential speakers and participants to discuss how synergistic investments in the Global Fund and in research and development can translate into accelerated delivery of innovative health tools which are affordable and accessible to the most vulnerable populations, thus saving many more lives and increasing the impact of Global Fund’s resources.
The event will also build on the recommendations made at a consultation in July 2019 with representatives from the Global Fund, the World Health Organization, product development partnerships and other innovators to identify and manage bottlenecks to scaling up access and uptake of health technologies to end HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Aurélien Beaucamp, President, AIDES
- Michèle Boccoz, Director-General Envoy for Multilateral Affairs, World Health Organization - WHO
- Catharina Boehme, CEO, Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics - FIND
- Sherwin Charles, CEO, Nandos and Co-Founder of Goodbye Malaria
- Nick Hamon, CEO, Innovative Vector Control Consortium - IVCC
- Lelio Marmora, Executive Director, Unitaid
- Bernard Pécoul, Executive Director, Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative - DNDi
- David Reddy, CEO, Medicines for Malaria Venture - MMV
- Zeda Rosenberg, CEO, International Partnership for Microbicides - IPM
- Marijke Wijnroks, Chief of Staff, The Global Fund
Other high-level speakers are expected from the private sector, non-governmental organizations, research institutions and governments.
Agenda will be available soon.
Speaker biographies will be available soon.
This meeting is by invitation only. If you are interested in attending, please let us know by emailing innovate4gfimpact [at] mmv.org.