This ICGEB workshop on malaria will acquaint the participants about recent advances and techniques in the research on drug and vaccine development for malaria. The workshop will consist of sessions of scientific lectures by scientists/experts of international repute, and practical sessions to demonstrate new techniques in malaria parasite research.
- Host parasite interaction and vaccine development for malaria
- Parasite biology and cell cycle regulation
- Drug targets and drug development for malaria
- Genomics and proteomics studies in malaria parasite
- Generation of transgenic P. falciparum parasites: GFP targeting and gene knock-out