The SMC Tool Kit will help you to:
- Plan your budget and activities, as well as forecast the amount of medicines needed for your programme
- Train staff to deliver SMC programmes safely and efficiently
- Track performance and monitor progress
- Inform and educate families to ensure appropriate drug use and optimize adherence
- Raise awareness, advocate effectively, sensitize the general public and mobilize resources
- Learn best practices from countries and organizations with SMC experience
The SMC Tool Kit offers the following sections:
- Monitoring & evaluation
The SMC Tool Kit materials were pre-tested in two different regions in Senegal to ensure they meet the needs of district planners and trainers, village leaders, nurses in charge of health centres; community health workers and caregivers – typically mothers. The materials have been adapted based on feedback and lessons learned. If you would like to adapt any of the documents for your own context, please contact us for the source files.
The SMC Tool Kit was produced by MMV. MMV gratefully acknowledges the following partners who contributed to the technical content and development of the materials:
- Global Malaria Programme/ World Health Organization, Malaria Consortium, Médecins Sans Frontières and UNICEF
- National Malaria Control Programmes (NMCP) of Bénin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
A special thank you to our partners at RBM's WARN (West Africa Regional Network) and CARN (Central Africa Regional Network) for their strong support throughout the project.