MMV is a leading product development partnership (PDP) in the field of antimalarial drug research and development. Its mission is to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and facilitating delivery of new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs.
MMV’s success in research & development and access & product management comes from its extensive partnership network of over 400 pharmaceutical, academic and endemic-country partners in 55 countries. We are currently seeking a Travel Coordinator on a full-time basis for a three year period.
The Travel Coordinator will organize and book approved travel plans for MMV staff members, groups as well as guests. They will also assist with various travel-related tasks.
The Travel Coordinator will:
- Organize travel (hotels, accommodation, transport) for MMV staff members, groups and guests including visa applications and invitation letters
- Provide advice to travelers, in line with MMV’s Travel Policy
- Review the security threat levels prior to a traveller’s departure and act according to MMV’s Travel Security Policy
- Maintain all travel-related records and documents, including travel insurance and follow up with the finance department for billing
- Periodically review, monitor and recommend updates to MMV's travel policies
- Keep the information in the travel section on the intranet up-to-date
- Maintain a directory of preferred travel providers (hotels, airlines, transfers, etc.)
- Review statistics and create travel reports upon request
- Assist with vendor relations and budget monitoring
Education and experience:
- Business diploma (CFC or equivalent)
- At least five years of recent work experience in a position with similar duties, preferably in a travel agency
Technical skills required:
- Advanced level of Amadeus software essential
- Excellent command of English and French (spoken and written)
- Expertise with all Microsoft applications
Behavioural skills required:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and to deliver solutions in times of crisis
- Be able to work independently, under minimal supervision
- Flexibility and ability to handle frequent changes
- Ability to cooperate willingly and proactively with others
- Ability to learn and apply rules, regulations, office policies and procedures, and review them as appropriate
- Proactive attitude, looking to improve existing work methods and procedures and willingness to help to go the extra mile
Start date: 1 June 2017
Preference will be given to Swiss and candidates who hold a valid work permit.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to jobs [at] mmv.org before 7 May 2017. Please refer to the following code in the subject line of your email: ER-2017-06.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.