MMV is a leading product development partnership (PDP) in the field of antimalarial drug research and development. Its mission is to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and delivering new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs.
Over the past 17 years, MMV has worked with an extensive network of donors, private and public sector partners, experts and clinical centres in endemic countries to develop an outstanding portfolio of antimalarial projects.
We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our Legal Department on a part-time basis (50%, every weekday morning) for a 3-year period.
The Legal Assistant will provide support to the Legal department, particularly with contract management activities.
The Legal Assistant will:
- Circulate contracts for signature
- Follow-up on contracts that have been sent out for counter signature and update the contract database (AidImpact)
- Monitor contract expiry dates and follow-up with project directors regarding contract renewal
- Maintain a filing system for hard copy, original contracts
- Assist the team with other administrative tasks, as required
Education and Experience:
- Business diploma (CFC or equivalent)
- Previous experience in an administrative position
- Previous experience coordinating and archiving large volumes of documents
Technical skills required:
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Behavioural skills required:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work assignments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and partners with integrity and diplomacy
- Capacity to focus and to complete tasks
- Flexible attitude, showing both a commitment to team-work and the ability to work unsupervised when required
Start date: 1 September 2017
Preference will be given to candidates who hold a valid work permit.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to jobs [at] mmv.org before 15 August 2017. Please refer to the following code in the subject line of your email: LEGAL-2017-12.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.