MMV is a leading product development partnership (PDP) in the field of antimalarial drug research and development. Its mission is to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and delivering new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs.
Over the past 17 years, MMV has worked with an extensive network of donors, private and public sector partners, experts and clinical centres in endemic countries to develop an outstanding portfolio of antimalarial projects.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Intern, on a full-time basis, for a 12-month period.
The Intern will gain a global overview of HR activities including processes and best practices in a Product Development Partnership. They will gain experience with various functional areas such as employee life cycle, training & development, HR analysis and all administrative tasks.
The Intern will:
- Learn how to manage the employee life cycle from the induction to departure; including file and database management
- Assist with all HR activities, such as recruitment, training & development, payroll, performance management, etc.
- Learn how to manage employee absences
- Update the HR intranet portal
- Analyze statistics to measure progress of key performance indicators (KPI’s) and create reports
- Provide support in the implementation of ongoing projects and other tasks as required
Education and Experience:
- Recently graduated with a university degree in Human Resources or other qualifications related to Human Resources in Switzerland (such as Certificate in Personnel Management Assistant)
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in an HR role desirable
Technical skills required:
- Fluency in English and French (oral and written)
- Expertise in Windows, proficient with Excel (at ease with figures), intranet administration, PeopleSoft desirable
Behavioural skills required:
- Detail-oriented and keen on accuracy
- Strong administrative skills
- Analytical thinking
- Able to handle confidential information reliably
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized and able to multitask
- Collaborative and great team player
- Dynamic and proactive personality
Starting date: 1 October 2017
Preference will be given to Swiss citizens and candidates who hold a valid work permit.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to jobs [at] mmv.org before 3 September 2017. Please refer to the following code in the subject line of your email: HR-2017-14.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.