MMV is a leading product development partnership (PDP) in the field of antimalarial drug research and development. Its mission is to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and delivering new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs.
Over the past 17 years, MMV has worked with an extensive network of donors, private and public sector partners, experts and clinical centres in endemic countries to develop an outstanding portfolio of antimalarial projects.
We are currently seeking a Finance Officer to join our Finance Department. The Finance Officer will prepare and process global invoices/payments in accordance with accounting control procedures and internal policies. They will also provide finance support to various project teams, including preparing financial statements and reports.
The Finance Officer will:
- Ensure timely recording of accurate accounting data in the Microsoft Navision Accounting System
- Verify invoices against items received and paid
- Prepare payments for grant recipients, suppliers and project partners as well as for general and administrative expenses
- Execute bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepare reports for projects in order to complete monthly, quarterly or annual closing
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc monitoring reports on actual expenditures versus budget
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements (under Swiss GAAP RPC)
- Prepare project budgets and Latest Best Estimates (LBEs) in collaboration with budget holders and the Finance Director
- Provide technical support on finance matters to project leaders
- Assist the CFO and Finance Director in preparing regular financial reports for internal use and for donors
- Ensure the application of the financial and accounting policies as well as the control procedures and quality standards
- Participate in audits, including liaising with auditors and answering queries on finance-based matters
- Create and contribute to improve tools and procedures that ensure all rules in relation to internal control are respected (Internal Control System); support development of improvements in the finance system, as necessary
Education and Experience:
- An accounting diploma or an equivalent accounting qualification (for example from a management school with a specialization in finance and/or accounting)
- At least 4 years of work experience in an accounting/finance role, with similar duties to this position
- Extensive experience with international payment systems, foreign exchange and effective troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of Swiss GAAP RPC or other financial reporting standards and financial statements preparation
- Excellent understanding of cut-off issues, project management and accrual accounting
Technical skills required:
- Fluency in English (oral and written), French a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with ‘Microsoft Navision’ or other ERP programs
Behavioural skills required:
- Results-oriented; committed to task completion
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive approach towards seeking out information and improving processes
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment under time pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness in working in an international environment
Start date: Immediately
Preference will be given to Swiss citizens and candidates who hold a valid work permit.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to jobs [at] mmv.org before 16 July 2017. Please refer to the following code in the subject line of your email: FIN-2017-11.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.