MMV is a leading product development partnership (PDP) in the field of antimalarial drug research and development. Its mission is to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and facilitating delivery of new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs.
MMV’s success in research & development and access & product management comes from its extensive partnership network of over 400 pharmaceutical, academic and endemic-country partners in 55 countries. Our portfolio is financed through funding from government agencies, private and corporate foundations, international organizations, corporations and private individuals. We are currently seeking an External Relations Intern, on a full time basis, for a 1-year period.
In providing support to the External Relations team, the Intern will gain a global overview of External Relations processes unique to a PDP and have the opportunity to gain experience in fundraising activities.
The Intern will:
- Contribute to annual and progress reports by compiling information gathered from various MMV departments
- Assist with research for new funding opportunities and networks
- Draft documents and correspondence for donors and prospects
- Assist with other duties as requested
Education and experience:
- Completed or working towards a university degree in International Relations (preferably) or related field
- Experience in global health/ development issues
Technical skills required:
- Fluency in English (oral and written); working ability in French would be an asset
- Good proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Behavioural skills required:
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity in working with diverse and international teams
- Well organized, detail-oriented approach to work
- Flexible and able to handle frequent changes
Starting date: 1 September 2017
Preference will be given to Swiss citizens and candidates who hold a valid work permit.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to jobs [at] mmv.org before 2 April 2017. Please refer to the following code in the subject line of your email: ER-2017-05.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.