MMV is a leading product development partnership (PDP) in the field of antimalarial drug research and development. Its mission is to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and delivering new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs.
Over the past 17 years, MMV has worked with an extensive network of donors, private and public sector partners, experts and clinical centres in endemic countries to develop an outstanding portfolio of antimalarial projects.
The Legal department is the interface between MMV and its partners and negotiates a significant number of contracts every year. We are currently seeking a Contracts Specialist to join our Legal team for a 3-year period.
The Contracts Specialist will be responsible for drafting and negotiating standard and other more complex contracts as well as amending existing contracts with academia, research institutes, consultants and contract research organizations.
The Contracts Specialist will:
- Provide contract support to Legal Counsels
- Participate in maintaining contract templates and act as a technical expert for managing the life cycle of contracts
- Gather required information from various internal and external sources in the preparation of contracts and other legal documents
- Use pre-approved templates to draft and negotiate standard and more complex contracts (confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, consultancy agreements and services agreements) with MMV’s contractual partners such as universities, CROs and consultants
- Seek guidance from Legal Counsels with respect to contract drafting and negotiation
- Provide administrative support in relation to contract and patent management
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in law
- At least 4 years of work experience in contract management (including drafting) and administration, working closely with a legal team
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is desirable but not mandatory
Technical skills required:
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent drafting skills; experience in writing and editing contractual documents
Behavioural skills required:
- Capacity to focus and be attentive to detail
- Capacity to communicate clearly and effectively
- Organized and skilled in prioritizing
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible attitude, showing a commitment to teamwork and the ability to work unsupervised when required
- Capacity to cope with stress and time pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and partners with integrity and diplomacy
Start date: 1 February 2018
Preference will be given to candidates who hold a valid work permit.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to jobs [at] mmv.org before 31 October 2017. Please refer to the following code in the subject line of your email: LEGAL-2017-17.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.