MMV is a leading product development partnership (PDP) in the field of antimalarial drug research and development. Its mission is to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and delivering new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs.
Over the past 17 years, MMV has worked with an extensive network of donors, private and public sector partners, experts and clinical centres in endemic countries to develop an outstanding portfolio of antimalarial projects.
We are currently seeking a Business Development (BD) Assistant for a part-time position (50%, each day of the week) for a 1-year period.
The BD Assistant will provide administrative support to the BD Department in their outsourcing and partnering activities.
The BD Assistant will:
- Support partnering activities including compiling contact details; tracking status; support due diligence processes for partnering purposes (e-room creation and population, access creation); co-ordinate and schedule meetings and calls
- Support alliance management, including scheduling of Joint Steering Committees, circulating minutes, and archiving relevant materials
- Support outsourcing activities, including scheduling of capability and bid-defence presentations
- Support vendor management activities, including maintaining an up-to-date partner/vendor list; conduct partner/vendor post contract assessments
- Maintain up-to-date departmental lists of contacts
- Handle any other administrative tasks (travel coordination, expenses claims),as required
Education and experience:
- Commercial degree (CFC de commerce) or equivalent
- Previous experience in an administrative function
- Previous experience in the coordination and archiving of large volumes of documents
- Previous experience within an international and/or biotech environment would be a plus
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing) a must; a good command of French is helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organization skills and capacity to prioritize work assignments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with integrity and diplomacy
- Stamina and the flexibility and willingness to get the job accomplished
- A commitment to teamwork and working unsupervised when required
Starting date: immediately
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to jobs [at] mmv.org before 7 July 2017. Please refer to the following code in the subject line of your email: BD-2017-10.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.