MMV is a leading product development partnership (PDP) in the field of antimalarial drug research and development. Its mission is to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and delivering new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs.
Over the past 18 years, MMV has worked with an extensive network of donors, private and public sector partners, experts and clinical centres in endemic countries to develop an outstanding portfolio of antimalarial projects.
MMV is working on a new project to improve access to information about P. vivax by developing a comprehensive website on P.vivax malaria. The website should serve as a repository for information on various topics including epidemiology, policy, products (diagnostics, G6PD tests, radical cure treatment), registration information, training materials, publications, and best practices. We hope that the website will act as a resource for countries and stakeholders to share experience, challenges and successes. The website will be developed in partnership with key stakeholders.
We are currently seeking an Access & Product Management Intern, on a full time basis, for a 12-month period. The intern will support, coordinate, and contribute to the development of the structure and content of a centralized platform on P. vivax malaria (75%). The website will serve as a repository for global and country specific information and resources, as well as a community of practice for collecting and disseminating knowledge such as key learnings and best practices on the management of P. vivax malaria. The intern will also maintain and update the Severe Malaria Observatory (25%).
The Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in preparing a new website as well as maintaining an existing website.
Tasks to prepare the new website:
- Research and synthesize information for the P. vivax website
- Provide regular progress updates to the working group and steering committee to obtain feedback on the content and structure of the website
- Work with web developers to design the structure and look of vivax website
- Present the website to external stakeholders for review/feedback; compile data
- Develop and submit vivax website for internal review
- Develop the launch plan and future promotional work for the vivax website
- Populate and maintain the vivax website with up-to-date information
- Provide any other support as required
Tasks to maintain the existing website:
- Conduct quarterly literature review of new publications
- Reach out to key stakeholders to establish and maintain relationships
- Coordinate and follow-up on contributions to the website
- Conduct interviews for Severe Malaria Observatory (SMO) as necessary
- Develop and submit new content for internal review
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in communication / web writing / web content management
- Some knowledge in the areas of malaria or other infectious diseases an asset
Technical skills required:
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communications
- Excellent writing skills, particularly in writing and editing website content
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with website content management systems an asset
Behavioural skills required:
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Flexible, adapting easily to changes
Starting date: 15 May 2018
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to jobs [at] mmv.org before 25 March 2018. Please refer to the following code in the subject line of your email: APM-2018-06.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.